Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Your voice

I wait here, in darkness and shadow, under the desolate tree of misfortune.

My future seems bleak and hollow. I see only pain and my heavy heart beats miserably knowing the torture of this existence.

But this pain is self inflicted, I have wronged, and I accept the retribution willingly.

I watch this world, his bleeding eyes, I cannot stomach the injustice any longer, but it is not my place to pass judgement.

The violin strings pull back, a music playing my grief.

The drums beat on, my heart synching with the tempo.

The horns roar through the rhythm, claiming their paramount existence, and I scream at the world; a proclamation of my own frustration.

But despite the pain, the hate, the anger and the emptiness, I feel alive.

All I have is my unrelenting spirit to never give up, but it is enough.

I'll spill my blood if it need be, because I know, whatever comes my way...I can deal with it.

So now, I sing my song. The orchestra of my being plays a unique symphony.

I wait here, in darkness and shadow, under the desolate tree of misfortune.

but..

I see the light peering through the foliage, for there is no shadow without light.

I see the roots that birth the tree, for there is no death without life.

I see the chance that fated misfortune, because in the end; good or bad, its still luck.

But most importantly, I see that instead of looking to the future, I should be watching the present, because at this moment it is you who I should be staring at.

So, I add an extra addition into my symphony....

Your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags

Followers