Saturday, October 17, 2009

Blade of Hope

Our blades clashed, with every swing I would throw in more effort; yet he fought on relentlessly, not a strain of stress showed on his pernicious face.
"Give up!" he taunted mercilessly, an evil grin spread across his face.
But I would never give up, all that mattered now was my proficiency with a blade and my undaunted will to fight.
Again I charged, calling on all my strength. Our blades danced a dangerous ballad, each move perfectly timed for even one missed step meant death.
Gleaming silver rent the sky as the light bounced of our blades.
Forged from the finest of metals, smelted with the purest of ores and crafted with the most skillful of hands, truly my magnificent blade was a spectacle of awe.
This time, he attacked, charging with great speed, making quick slashes in rapid succession.
I matched each blow effectively, resonating metal scram through the battle, as I sent my body into overdrive to survive his brutal onslaught.
All energy depleted, I drew the last of my strengths...this would be my last stand.
Adrenalin forced power into my system, like electricity charging every cell in my body.
Channeling this new found power, I ran forward with intense concentration blazing dangerously in my eyes.
My body begged me to stop, every particle in my being pleaded me to yield, but my mind was made up...he dies now.
My sprint seemed to last for an eternity.
Finally I made my first slash, throwing every last bit of strength I had left in it, his blade shattered as it dared to intercept mine.
No longer grim and confident, he stood there unarmed.
Our eyes met, and he already knew I had passed his judgment..he was condemned to death.
His faced contorted with fear and desperation, his clothes drenched in sweat and soon..blood.
Finally I knew, as I took my last swing, this battle was over...and won.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags

Followers