Saturday, October 17, 2009

Death sentence

The winds sang softly to me, my hair dancing to its enticing lullaby. The warm sunlight showered my face, the scent of clean cut grass and that pristine morning dew taunted me.
The loud chirps of the early birds mocked me, knowing I had no time to enjoy the awakening bliss.
I rarely noticed the alluring beauty of the day. The seconds turned to minutes, like pages flickering through the pages of life, driven on reaching the end.
The bees came to greet the garden with their usual mundane ritual, each one kissing a flower before moving on to the next; like an unfaithful lover, making fake promises only to achieve their own ends.
The time withered away. In less than an hour, I would be working in a job I despised, staring at an overwhelmingly bright screen, listening to the vexing and bromidic problems of hidden someones, all the while trying not to fathom on how pitiful and insignificant my existence is.
Steeping into the overcrowded train, I mentally counted our number of the familiar faces...we were one less today. She was probably sick or dead...lucky her.
They all wore the same wasted and depressed look I usually bore. The nauseous smell of cheap cologne and sweat plagued the entire compartment.
The train whistled to a stop and the doors flew open. It was the signal. The warning to leave your fatigue spirit and broken souls here, it was the alarm to remind you to wear your fake smiles and your simulated eager attitude to impress your superior.
Taking the heavily memorized counted steps to the office, i was almost run over by a reckless driver. But I couldn't die...I had died a long time ago...

1 comment:

  1. this is impressive man...lol @ the nauseous smell of cheap cologne.
    keep on writting...im ur loyal follower!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tags

Followers