Saturday, October 17, 2009

What I see..

His cold eyes bore into mine, locked in fierce combat, both of us unwilling to admit defeat.
It was the first time I stared at him so deeply, reading the raw power of his eyes. It was then, I saw it...

He was determined, an unrelenting fighter who would go beyond to achieve success. His competitive nature shone brightly in his eyes.

There was also fear, he was scared; not of ghosts or darkness, but that he would lose himself in his pursuit for greater glory.

Hate! I could feel the malevolence burning from his eyes. A vindictive pleasure that comforted him, it made feel unique, it made him powerful.

Love! hidden far from the surface. He had witnessed it's beauty, but as a mere spectator, never truly understanding it's benevolence.

And at the core...sadness.
He was saddened by what we had done, what we we're doing, what we we're going to do and why we did nothing about it.

I had seen enough. He won this round, breaking away from the line of sight, I turned around. My back facing the mirror...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags

Followers